Sunday, June 3, 2007

What dreams may come!

I had a really strange dream last night. It was about Mellor st, which unless you're me or one of my family you won't know that it's the street that I lived in from the ages of say 2 to about 9. This dream was quite strange because it involved a Mellor st that I only see in my dreams. I think it must be a fantasy world of childhood memories which i've somehow made into a dream street from my youth. It even includes many small rivers and ponds, old southern English cottages (the type that my grandmother had around her house on coasters and paintings.) As well as a swimming pool which you had to walk through to get from one end of the street to an other. (I think it must be a mixture of all the pools that I attended when I was younger, which are so many that it almost becomes a blend of a single one with it's identical stands and changing sheds)

I don't know why I picture Mellor st like this when I dream it gets weirder but seeing that I am awake now I've forgotten mostly all of it. In fact Mellor st was a really cool place to hang around when we were kids, my friend Shaun had a boat in his backyard that was only half build and rusting. For what I can remember it was massive I mean he only had the hull and for what I remember (come on I was 5 so it's not going to be exact) It was as big as the house. We also had the spotlight car park to play in with our bikes and skateboards and a graveyard up the rode which always put fear into me. I also have strong memories so the smell of the arnotts factory and of the workers leaving at 3 o'clock something that felt like I was living in the industrial era not 1980's Brisbane.

Anyway no more dreaming for today

No comments: